Does anyone remember the legendary foilers for the Buffy season 5 finale? Where the Angel gang would travel to Sunnydale to save Buffy and pick up Oz on the way.
Which I reposnded by:
I believe I have some of those content saved somewhere, including the “rumoured” titles and descriptions.
UPDATE: Found them.
[ edited by Numfar PTB on 2009-02-20 00:44 ]
BtVS 519 – TOUGH LOVE
– Written by Rebecca Rand0-Kirshner
– THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADDLES – The battle for Daws custody goes on, with Giles disputing for the future. Hank is about to quit, when Sophie continue the stimulating, and she hires a lawyer. This give glory enough time to get her hand on Dawn, who she already knows is the Key. But when Buffy attempts to save Dawn, she discover that it wasn’t Glory who kidnapped Dawn.
– Buffy discovers that Xander, possessed by Glory, kidnapped Dawn with the intent ofusing the Key. And Buffy and Xander will confront each other.
– Willow will conduct a big spell to help Xander, however Anya and Tara will help her in mysterious ways. But Tara will do something that will hurt her and might cause problems in her relationship with Willow. And It’s Anya who will save the day, bring her back to the group in a big way.Ats 519 – BELONGING
– WIllow and Xander will sing at Caritas.
– Willow and Xander are unable to locate Angel. They actually leave Caritas, before Angel’s crew arrive. Lorne does not reveal to Xander his destiny, but he does reveal it to Angel that he must find the “bot with a big future ahead”. The identity of the “boy” is made clear to the viewer at the end of the pisode. Angel questions Lorne, why didn’t he tell the “boy” about his future, which responds, “something just are, no matter why”.
– The big ending battle sequence with Harmony, ends with a conversation, in which she reveals her problems to Angel, about Spike and Joyce’s death.
BtVS 520 – SPIRAL
– Buffy will seek for Angel in LA, as she attempts to save Xander’s soul, but she can’t find him. At the same time Angel and his crew is drivign towards Sunnydale. This episode will play with some chrnological sequences, like what happenned between Fool For Love and Darla.
Ats 220 -OVER THE RAINBOW
-Written by Mere Smith
– Angel and Kate meet Lindsey who’s hiding in a restaurant by the road. Watch the events closely as you will find several parallel events with episode 20 of Buffy, SPiral, in the same style of Fool for Love and Darla.
-Some of the special things that will happen: An old character returns, plus two new ones, but very recognizable.
BtVS 521 – THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD
-Written by Doug Petrie
– BLOOD IN MY HANDS: After a long and tedious custody battle, Giles becomes Dawn’s legal guardian, pushing Hank & Sophie away of the city. At the same time, Xander and Buffy forms a bond, due to their situation. And Angel and his crew arrives to help them in the battle agains’t Glory.
– Buffy’s attempt to deal with all this emotional weithc cause a nervous attack, and Xander get distant from the group a he feels guilty for his actions while possessed by Glory.
– After noticing that the chip in his head was deactivated once the Initiative ended, and that the pains he been feeling lately are just suggestions from his mind, Spike does something terrible, which makes it really hard not to see him as a Villain again.
– Midway through the episode the LA crew arrives, and joins the Sunnydale gang, as they start to interact.Ats 221 (Season Finale) – THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS
– Written and Directed by Tim Minear.
– The true season finale for Angel season 2.
– INSIDE ALL OF US – After being notified by The Host, Cordy, Gunn and Wesley start a road trip in a attempt to reach Angel. And due to several stops Angel had to do on the way, they’re able to find him before they reach Sunnydale. As a full group, they surprise the Scoobis. New and Old friends meet, and get the chance to discuss their “similar” problems. At the same time an old enemy returns to town and attempts to solve some lingering problems.
– The group will meet someone we know, whose identity will only be revealed, when they reah Sunnydale.
– When Angel arrives in Sunnydale, he starts to act stangely: just like in Dear Boy.Ats episode 22, takes place actually as second part of Buffy season finale, giving it a special 2-hour treatment.
BtVS 522 (Season Finale) – CENTENNIAL
-Episode 22 or Episode 100, which will be 2 hour long.Episodio 22
– Written and Directed by Joss Whedon
– THE DESTINY: The Scooby Gang join forces with the LA crew to face Glory, but she may not be the only thing they’ll need to face. And three of their allies will find out about their destiny.
LAST MINUTE UPDATE: Found an alternate take on these foilers. This is an AICN post from March 11th, 2001:
Is Buffy’s Mom Really Dead”
We’re not going to get another new glimpse of the Sunnydale Slayer Circle at least until March 27 — but now that we’re just six new episodes away from the big one (the long-anticipated 100th episode/season five finale), speculation is running at a fever pitch.
Much has centered around “The Body,” which was written and directed by series creator Joss Whedon and dealt with the aftermath of Joyce Summers’ sudden and unexpected death. The episode ended with Dawn about to touch the face of Joyce’s corpse, and many fans are wondering whether The Key will revive the fallen matriarch.
Whedon says it’s not going to happen.
It is among the five great answers about “The Body” Whedon gave TV Guide Online. Whedon also talks about the Christmas flashback, the absence of a musical score, Willow and Tara’s first onscreen kiss, and the reason Buffy slayed a vampire at episode’s end. Read Michael Ausiello’s EXCELLENT and eye-opening article here.
Whedon’s assertion that “Dawn’s special energy will not bring Joyce back” seems to borne out by this rundown of this season’s last six episodes provided by “Cap’n Kronos.” Many possible spoilers ahead:
Buffy’s father visits Sunnydale for Joyce’s funeral and to take custody of Dawn
Spike tests the Stepford Buffy
Appearance of Joyce’s date, “Brian”, who is connected to Glory/Ben
Anya is offered a shot at regaining her demonic powers, which causes major drama in Casa Del Xander
Spike’s “Master Plan” – replacing Buffy with the Stepford Buffy – is revealed
Buffy quickly uncovers said plan, destroys the Stepford Buffy, and beats Spike to an inch of his unlife (supposedly worse than he’s even been beaten before). She then issues Spike an ultimatum: leave Sunnydale or get staked
Spike hints that his Inhibitor Chip is now either malfunctioning or has been removed
Brian is revealed to be the father of Glory/Ben
Much exposition on the natures & histories of Glory, Ben, Brian, and Dawn
Glory and Brian want to bring the Hell dimension they rule into this one; Ben doesn’t want to; the Key (i.e. Dawn) opens the dimensional gateway and can also split Glory/Ben into two separate entities.
Spike offers to deliver The Key to Ben/Glory & Brian in exchange for the removal or neutralization of the Inhibitor Chip. They agree, and Brian neutralizes the chip. Spike delivers Glory and Brian to the Magic Shop, chaos ensues, ending when Glory reverts to Ben, who runs off.
Spike tries to tell the gang that he did it to try to lure the Hellgods to Buffy; Buffy is not amused and threatens to kill him.
Spike leaves Sunnydale
Oz returns to Sunnydale
The Hellgods learn Dawn is The Key
The Hellgods kidnap Dawn and begin their rituals to open the dimensional gateway
5.22 (N/A, 100th Episode and Season Finale)
The forces of Good (Buffy, Scoobies, Oz, Angel (!), and Faith (!!) ) prepare to battle the Hellgods with the fate of the universe at stake
At a climactic moment in the battle, Spike returns to battle alongside Buffy; his presence helps turn the tide
Faith redeems herself when she takes a fatal blow intended for Buffy and dies
After the Battle, Spike tells Buffy that he’s over the crush, and wants to fight alongside her—not for money, but because it’s the right thing to do. Touched, she and Spike have a moment, and she gives him a chaste hug.
Spike uses that moment of vulnerability to plunge his fangs into Buffy’s neck, snarling, “If you won’t love me as a human, then there’s one way you will….” And he opens a vein and forces Buffy’s mouth around it… If these are true, it’s gonna be a LONG summer.
General Season Spoilage
Robin LaMorte may return for a cameo as Jenny Calendar
Marc Blucas (Riley Finn) will not return this season Hope you can do something with these!